ong others.Our first decent glimp

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ong others.Our first decent glimp

caicai2017
In a Nike Air Presto Mujer way, Virgil’s Air Jordan 1 design could be considered the flagship sneaker of the pack. Speaking with Nike about himself and his childhood friends, Virgil revealed “We were enamored with Air Jordans. Michael Jordan was larger than life — he was Superman to me. My entire design background and ethos came from the ‘90s.” Speaking on the design, Abloh www.josielloyd.co.uk went on to note “The Jordan I was done in one design session. I work in a very like dream-like state. I see it, and it’s done.”The shoe features “AIR” afivol.fr typography on the midsole, as well as an orange hit on the heel, which seems to imitate a price sticker. The lateral Swoosh also appears to be pinned onto the upper instead of fully stitched. Virgil penned Nike Air Max 2015 Femme individual slogans like “AIR FLACKO” for A$AP Rocky and “AIR CANADA” for Drake on the midsole of pairs that were gifted to celebrity Nike Air Max Vision Femme friends. Two years in a row, Virgil wore his Air Jordan 1 designs to the Met Gala in New York City, rocking the “Chicago” version in 2017, then lacing up the “UNC” colorway in 2018.According to Nike, Virgil rebuilt a pair of triple-black Air Force 1 Low shoes during his first visit to the brand’s Beaverson campus. He used an X-ACTO knife to dissect the Nike Air Max 2017 Femme shoes, and markers to draw on them, then gifted the sneakers to OFF-WHITE staff to wear. “By the time I made my first trip to Beaverton, I immediately Nike Air Max 90 Homme Bleu wanted to make something,” stated Abloh to Nike. “In my brain I’ve seen every iteration or color of an Air Force One. So where does that leave you?,” Virgil mentioned to GQ. “I wanted to make something Nike Air Vapormax Mujer that stops you from mindlessly scrolling.” Abloh’s “GHOSTING” Air Force 1 design was released in Berlin via a Nike SNKRS scavenger hunt, where Nike Air Max 95 Womens SNKRS app users could use augmented reality to unlock and purchase the shoe.While the Air Force 1 and Air Jordan 1 align more with what we know about Virgil’s personal sneaker tastes, a Virgil Abloh x Air Max 90 comes as a bit of a surprise. The same design story continues here with Nike’s Beaverton address prominently shown on the lateral side, Nike Air Max 90 Femme along with “SHOELACE” branding again. Early on, Virgil gifted his DJ “mentor” Benji B with a pair, among others.Our first decent glimpse of the remade Presto came courtesy of A$AP Nast on Instagram, before Frank Ocean wore the kicks during music festival Panorama NYC. The sneaker itself subscribes to the same reconstructed design methodology of those we’ve previously peeped, with Abloh again throwing in some guerilla “AWGE” and “NAST” customization tweaks for good measure.As the VaporMax was Nike Air Force 1 Mujer Nike’s big technology story of 2017, it was no surprise to see this revolutionary design as part of “The Ten,” alongside two other silhouettes from the Air max range. This version of the VaporMax features a heel tab, chunky stitching around the Swoosh, and more of the same touches like an orange price tag detail and shipping address text.