This error message occur when you have some important services stopped. The name of this service is Windows Image Acquisition (WIA). To resolve this just follow the below mentioned steps.
1. Click on “Start” then click on”Run’.
2. In “Run” type “services.msc” (Without the quotes) and confirm it by hitting enter.
3. A new window will open. In their check the four services.
4. Remote Procedure Call (RPC), DCOM Server Process Launcher, RPC Endpoint Mapper, Shell Hardware Detection.
5. Double click on each of the services.
6. Now, Set up a startup type of “automatic” and click the start button to make them run.
7. After verifying all the services that they are running you can check for the last one which is Windows Image Acquisition (WIA). Set this to automatic and then click on start.
8. Now, restart your computer.
These steps should fix the above error but if does not, then you can contact HP Printer Customer Care Number.