After winning nearly $90,000 playing 'Fortnite,' a streamer got an emotional call from his father that was captured on video

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

After winning nearly $90,000 playing 'Fortnite,' a streamer got an emotional call from his father that was captured on video

nm123456
This post was updated on .
     On Sunday, "Fortnite" streamer Malachi "Reverse2K" Greiner won nearly $90,000 within a game.
    As he celebrated his win, his father called to Fortnite Itemscongratulate him, and things got emotional.
    The entire exchange can be a delight, and was thankfully captured on

Fortnite Skins video.
"You won $26,000 greater than first place!" his father Heath Greiner says after a video from the exchange, captured from the streamer himself post-game. We first saw film over at Kotaku.
Malachi held on top of the title of all kills — "Holding the Throne" inside the parlance of "Fortnite" — which got him $50,000 alone. Additionally, his placement overall in Sunday's Summer Skirmish game got him another $36,000. That put his total with an incredible $86,000.
"I guess I would need to say it absolutely was in God's hands," Greiner explained in an email on Monday morning. "I was super fortunate to obtain this opportunity, as well as be in it at 17 [years old]."
It's no real surprise that tears were rolling down his face because he spoke to his father.
"I would too, brother!" his father says inside an especially heartwarming moment.